We inspire for innovation and excellence, and producing finest human beings for nurturing global societies by shaping highest quality scientific minds engaged in eternal quest for infinite knowledge and solving problems of mankind.
We create a vibrant culture integrating world-class education and cutting edge research with a focus on higher learning for foreign youth and provide congenial environment to create knowledge and develop skills relevant to global needs
To coordinate different activities such as students and faculty exchange, visits abroad, international students admission and welfare and academic collaborations with international organizations
To promote relationships between foreign universities, institutions and CUPB and to define the scope of relationships through appropriate Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs).
To invite outstanding Scientists/academicians for interactions, exchange of ideas and creation of knowledge.
To partner with globally well-known universities and research institutes to enhance collaborative research.
To promote exchange programmes for students through Student Exchange Agreements with partner institutions for development of friendship and exchange of cultures.
To interface with embassies and consulates of various countries to increase educational and cultural linkages between organizations in the foreign countries and CUPB.
Profile of the University
The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) has been established in 2009 along with other new Central Universities by an Act of Parliament (No 25, of 2009). The University is accredited with ‘A’ grade from NAAC. The Central University of has secured its position in the top 100 institutions (87th Rank) in the University category.
It is credited with highest per capita research funding. The university has a mission of providing a wide range of instructional and research facilities across integrated and cross-discipline, promote innovation in teaching, learning and research, and cross-pollinate new ideas, new technologies and new world-views. It aims to create an ignited requirements of academia, industry and business.
The campus is designed to be environment-friendly and energy-efficient conforming to GRIHA norms, perhaps the first such instance in the area. Master Plan of the Main Campus has been certified with a five-star rating of GRIHA for larger developments, the highest award of the Ministry of Urban Development, Govt. of India. Currently, CUPB has 31 departments spread over 12 schools in areas ranging from Sciences, Technology, Humanities, Laws and Social Sciences. We have adopted national model curricula wherever available and supplemented it with the local, national and global issues. CUPB offers only Masters and Ph.D. programmes.
The University takes pride in its exceptionally qualified and committed faculty. Mostly faculty trained from the best universities of US, Canada, Germany, England, Japan, Israel. With a much-focussed approach, the university is undoubtedly poised to write a new chapter on the academic horizon of India.
National Academic Collaborations
- Information & Library Network (INFLIBNET), Gandhinagar
- Centre of Innovation & Applied Bioprocessing, Mohali
- Punjab Biotechnology Incubator (PBTI), Mohali
- Centre for Research in Rural & Industrial Development
- Dayanand National Academy of Environment Science
- Adesh University, Bathinda
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh PTU, Bathinda
- RASI HyVeg Pvt. Ltd. Gurgaon
- Punjab Remote sensing Centre, Ludhiana
- National Council of Rural Institutes (NCRI), Hyderabad
- Society of Promotion of Science & Technology, Panchkula
- Akal University, Talwandi Sabo
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- National Centre for Cell Sciences, Pune
- AIIMS Bathinda
- Sri Veda Sattva Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
International Academic Collaborations
- Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden, Xishyangbanna, China
- University of Lille, France
- Department of Therapeutic Radiology, University of Innusbruck, Austria
- King Mongkut’s University of Technology, KMUTT, Bangkok
- University of Worcester, United Kingdom
Memorandum of Association
- Akal University, Talwandi Sabo
- Baba Farid Group of Institutions, Bathinda
- Dashmesh Girls College of Education, Badal
- Shahid Sipahi Sandeep S. Govt. Sr. School, Bathinda
Fees (tuition and hostel accommodation) for international students shall be as below:
Masters’ programmes in Humanities US$ 1000
Masters’ programmes in Sciences US$ 1200
Ph.D. programmes US$ 1400
Hostel accommodation furnished with basic facilities is included in the above fee, However International students may seek more facilities on payment basis. There will be 10% increase in fee each year. Students from SAARC countries will be charged fee same as for Indian students.
FACILITIES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
A hostel room furnished with basic facilities like furniture (Bed, table, chair, almirah, mattress), fan/ cooler, shared/common bathrooms/toilets and internet
However, International students may seek more facilities on payment basis.
Eligible International students (foreign nationals and NRI) will be admitted directly without appearing in the Entrance Test against the supernumerary seats to the extent of 10% of the total seats in a programme.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MASTER & Ph.D. PROGRAMMES
• Since the medium of instruction at CUPB is English, applicants who have obtained a valid score IELTS or TOEFL score, will get preference.
• Those without a valid IELTS or TOEFL score shall have to pass CUPB English Proficiency Test (CEPT) after joining to the course. A student deficient in English will be asked to study language courses.
• A valid GRE/GMAT (for candidate applying to Food Business Management and Entrepreneurship
Development department) score is not mandatory for admission. However, students with a valid GRE/GMAT score/grade will get preference.
• Applicants have to submit a brief essay of 300 words (approximately) stating the reason/s why she/he seeks admission to CUPB and the purpose of study.
PROGRAMMES BEING OFFERED AT CUPB
1.M.Sc. Food Science & Technology
2. M.Sc. Biochemistry
4. M.Sc. Chemistry
5. M.Sc. Chemistry(Specialisation in Applied Chemistry)
6. M.Sc. Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
7. M.Sc. Bioinformatics
8. Physics (Computational Physics)
9. M.Sc. Mathematics
10. M.Sc. Statistics
11. M.Sc. Microbiology
12. M.Sc. Physics
14.M.Sc. Environmental Science and Technology Geology
16. M.Sc./M.A Geography
17. M.Sc. Human Genetics
18. M.Sc. Molecular Medicine
19. M.Sc. Chemical Sciences(Medicinal Chemistry)
1. M.A. Education
2. M.A. English
4. M.A. Punjabi
5. M.A. Fine Arts
6. Master of Performing Arts (MPA) (Theatre/ Dance/ Music/ Drama)
7. M.A. History
8. M.A. Political Science
9 M.A. Economics
10. M.A. Sociology
11. M.A. Psychology
12. M.A. Journalism and Mass Communication
1. Master of Library and Information Science
1. Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry)
2. Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry)
1. Computer Science and Technology
2. Computer Science and Technology (Cyber Security)
3. Food Processing Technology
1. MBA ( Agri Business)
PROGRAMMES BEING OFFERED AT DOCTORATE LEVEL
CUPB offers Ph.D. degree programmes in the following disciplines:
- Food Science and Technology
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Computational Physics
- Physical Education
- Computer Science and Technology
- Environmental Science
- Human Genetics
- Molecular Medicine
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
The university reserves the right not to offer the programme in any particular discipline due to administrative reasons or if the response to the course is not adequate. The decision of the university will be final in this regard. * The university reserves the right to change the number of seats in any programme.