The hallmark of the Central University of Punjab is excellence in research across all disciplines, coupled with a culture of collaboration. The research is an integral part of the teaching-learning process, and an essential feature in the profile of every teacher at the University. The integration of research in teaching promotes student-centric learning. Being a research centric institution we are committed to the establishment of world class research facilities as well as sustenance of research initiatives through a zestful and continuously evolving plans and strategies Major Research Initiatives of the university are:
- Establishment of research infrastructure
- To provide research seed money to all the new faculty members
- Promotion of inter-disciplinary research and collaboration with other departments of the university, other national and international universities and institutions of repute
- Encourage and support the faculty to apply for extramural grants
- To provide timely auditing and submission of utilisation certificate to the funding agencies as per their formats
- To conduct seminars/ conferences/ workshops and also encourage the faculty and students to participate in such activities conducted by other institutions of repute.
- To publish good quality research in national and international journals
- To encourage faculty to indulge in research by giving research awards.
- To encourage students’ participation in research by including a major research component in the curriculum.
- To apply for major research funding at university level for establishing centres of excellence, incubators and Research Park.
- To mark Open Days and visits for school and college students.
- Encourage prospective PhD students to explore new research areas and propose an area of study or a topic of interest to them.
The research strength of the University is evident by the research publications in national and international journals of repute and the research grants earned by various faculty members from various funding agencies like DBT, DST, ICMR, ICSSR, BRNS etc. The total number of projects from external funding agencies over a decade since the establishment of the University in 2009 is 174 amounting to 567742597crores. Under Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission of Teachers and Teaching, the University has received a total grant of Rs.5.0 crores. Seven departments of the University have also earned DST FIST grant worth Rs. 3.68 Crores. The total number of research papers published by the faculty members till date is 1540 (as per Scopus and Web of Science). The University is on top among the newly established Universities in terms of research output. Central University of Punjab ranked 87 in University Category of NIRF (2020). h-index of the University is 48 (as per Web of Science) . The University also supports the new faculty to initiate their research activities by awarding research seed money. The Science faculty gets an amount of 3 L and the faculty from rest of the specializations get 1.5 L.
Total Number of Papers published till 08/07/2021
|Total No. of papers published||Total impact factor||No. of papers with impact factor 1-2||No. of papers with impact factor 2-5||No. of papers with impact factor 5-10||No. of papers above impact factor 10|
|1621 (including articles in press)||3410.836||933||566||98||24
(Impact factor: 60.392(5); 42.778; 21.597(2); 20.86; 20.832(2); 20.071;15.302; 14.612; 12.959; 12.121; 12.121; 11.389; 11.09; 11.09; 11.09; 10.257; 10.257(2)